Friday, November 11, 2005

Respect your elders they say >_<

Some of the elderly population should not be respected at all! Don't you hate those uncles and aunties that you didn't even know that act so high and mighty when they see young people? I had my share of encounters of some rude uncles and aunties that are very inconsiderate and act very disrespectful to young people.

I was on the bus to Genting and there was this uncle sitting in front of my girlfriend. The sun was shining towards our direction and when she tried to pull half the curtain to cover her beautiful face from being burn by the sun, the uncle in front of her pull it away and hogged the whole curtain to himself. When we tried to pull a little back (the curtain is very big actually) he just pulled it away. Not just that, just when I thought that was it some aunty comes along and shake my chair violently. She wants me to give way for her to take her seat and my chair is blocking her route. Instead of saying a polite "excuse me" she shook my chair violently and didn't speak a single word. Then I said out loudly to my girlfriend (on purpose) "What is wrong with people today? Can't they even say excuse me?". Fuck, don't they even know the saying "if you want people to respect you, you must respect others as well"? Maybe they think that they are immune to this saying as there is another saying that goes "Respect your elders" so that they can demand respect from anyone younger then them.

Well I can go on and on about my few more encounters in the LRT or Train Station or Bus Terminals but I think I stop here before this entry becomes a novel.



No comments: