Sunday, October 30, 2005

Killer Public Transports!!!

Is it just me or KL public transports are dangerous? I don't know if this happens on a regular basis (since I am not from KL) but I was nearly squashed by the sliding doors in a LRT station and was force to do a Jackie Chan stunt on a Mini Bus and these 2 things happened all in one day!

I was entering the LRT and halfway inside the door (the station's door, not the LRT's) began to close and hit my elbow hard and for a second there I was stunned and luckily my girlfriend pulled me out. Don't the LRTs have this censor thing to sense there are still pessengers going in? My friend got his clothes stuck in between the LRT doors and was force to wait by the doors until the next station.

A few hours later as I was about to go back (this happened in Kajang), I took a mini bus. The mini bus was packed (I think it carried passengers twice its capacity) and I stood near the door. When the bus stopped at a station someone from behind wants to get off the bus so the bus driver told me to go down the bus first so that the person can get off the bus. So I got down the bus and once the guy got off the bus driver started moving. Panicked, I ran after the bus while grabbing the pole near the bus' door. And ran for a while before getting on. What's worse the driver did not stop, he didn't even notice me. Luckily the bus is going very slow and I was able to get on the bus.

Is this normal in KL? Had any case about LRT doors closing when you are getting on the LRT happened to you? Please feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment:

::Lord Apprentice:: said...

hmmm...wait a min, i thought mini-busses were suposed to be phased out years ago?

Looks like they've made a quiet comeback.