Monday, March 12, 2007

My Own Bridge to Terabithia....

Alright before we begin I just wanna say that this post is not a full review of the show "Bridge to Terabhitia" (which is based on a novel by Katherine Paterson of the same name). Its more about how the movie reflects my life and my thoughts after watching this movie. For those who haven't watch this movie, go watch it... NOW. It's a good movie and I strongly recommend moviegoers to watch it. My rating for this movie? An 8/10. Enough of this crappy mini-review and into the topic.

A thousand thoughts had entered my mind while watching this movie. One of the thoughts that crept into my mind is how this movie reflects me as a child. You see this movie is about how 2 kids (Jesse and Leslie) which are considered as outcasts and loners in school became close friends with each other and together they created an imaginary kingdom. You see, unlike the outgoing and happy-go-lucky "me" you see now, my childhood can be summarised in two simple words... fucked up.

Like the main character, Jesse, I am always a target for bullies in school not because of my size (I am bigger than most of them back then) but because my mum had a name that seem funny to them. You see the kids in my school had some fucked up hobby to kill time, they love to make fun of other kids whose parents had a name that can be easily made fun off and to them mine had the funniest. Everyday I would go to school just to listen to their verbal abuse.

I don't mind people making fun of me but I am very sensitive when it comes to my family. To make matters worse my class teacher is bias against me because most of them are either rich spoilt brats or top students who had nothing better to do. So each time I had enough of their taunts and threw a punch or two at them I would be sent to the principal's office.

No matter how overboard they go, it will always be my fault. I had even been called a lunatic by that bitch of a teacher because I often got into fights with her "pets". So yeah, back then school was my hell. Imagine to suffer tremendous verbal abuse from your classmates not because you deserve it, its because they think that my mum had funny sounding name. Only regret I had back then is that I took the "tough guy" approach and never tell anything my parents that I am being bullied and the reason why I fought is because I had enough, but instead let my teacher to tell them about "their" side of the tale instead which make them very disappointed. So how does the movie reflect my life you say? Patience, I am just about to reach that part.

So I am some sort of both a loner and outcast in my class. Having some bias bitch teacher who insult my state of mind and telling her colleagues how evil I am and having "friends" who make fun of your mum's name and not having one true friend I hated school. I hated everything back then. The only time that I truly love is when I got back from school and started to imagine things. Sometimes I would imagine that I am some superhero or even a pirate. Sometimes I would imagine that I am the king of my room with my pillows and my plushy camel as my loyal subjects and we would go to war against the other three countries (rooms) in my house.

My only escapade from my fucked up childhood back then is my own imagination. So while watching Bridge of Terabithia I can't stop smiling and say "been there done that" to myself. Unfortunately for me, unlike the film, I don't have a great friend with me to share my imagination.

So yeah, there you have it the story of my childhood a part of me where I had never ever mentioned to anyone until now. A part of me that I wished to forget but never failed to haunt me til' this day. Well, all I can say is thank God for CowHead a.k.a Tauren a.k.a Liang Peng for convincing me to watch that movie because finally there's something for me to relate my childhood to and make me feel like I had a better childhood then most of the fucktards I shared the same classroom with during primary school.

TO MY MUM: In case you are reading this mum, this is my side of the tale that I had always kept mummed about last time. I am sorry that you had to pick me up at the principal's office so frequently last time and I am sorry that I had hurt you because of the several complaints about me by other teachers last time and how frequent I got into fights last time and never tell you anything about being bullied back then. Thank you for being so patient with me and guiding me to be the person I am today.... and you too dad (which I don't think will read my blog :P). Love you guys.

No comments: