Sunday, April 08, 2007

I am registered. Are you?

I registered last year just 3 days after my 21st birthday last year. What's with all the hurry you say? Simple, I just want to be a registered voter so I can exercise my right as a rakyat. I want my vote to count. I want my vote to make a difference.

So what is one vote going to make a difference? Of course just my one vote may not make a difference but what if everyone thinks of it that way? What if the 70% of the age group of 21 to 35 which HAD NOT registered had that thinking? Can you imagine how many votes that is wasted here (around 4.9 million votes)? There are currently 10.3 million registered voters in Malaysia and 4.9 million unregistered voters almost make up half of that amount. So can you imagine how much difference that would make if a snap elections is called anytime soon?

Do you think that unregistered voters have the right to even criticise or discuss any unfair policies which are passed by the government in the future when they themselves do not even want to get their lazy asses to register? Do you think they had the right to even raise a single word of protest if next time there's another toll or petrol hike? IMHO, these people should shut up. Because they deserve what is coming to them. They deserve the corruption that is running rampant in this country, they deserve the high crime rates and most of all they will deserve the government that they dislike that will get voted in the future.

So what are you all unregistered voters waiting for? Just get your ass to the nearest post office to register. To MMU students who had hit 21 and yet to register there's no fucking excuse. The post office is just right inside the campus itself. So just go and register your ass next time you pay your bills. To bloggers who are not registered as a voter yet, ask yourself this: do you want to be constantly defamed by Ministers, MPs and even the PM himself? If your answer is no then go ahead and register so we can kick their asses by not voting for their party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-Rushes off to register-

-Slaps forehead-

Oh yea!! I still have a whole year to go D: do you think I can sneak in and get myself registered :o?