Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Come on, repeat after me...

Yeah, I want everyone to repeat after me:

"Malaysia is a DE-MO-CRA-TIC COUN-TREEE."


Sorry if I treated you like a primary school kid there because the last time I checked there are people who thinks we are living in a Nazi state. Each time when someone said something bold and sensitive, there is ALWAYS, yes ALWAYS, someone who will say something like:

"Wah... you better becareful or the ISA will lock you up!"


No I don't mean to point out anyone specific but most of the time when someone debate something political or sensitive, someone is sure to say that. For the love of God, we are living in a democratic country here. It's because of the people's fear of speaking out that makes the government think they can do whatever they want and they still can get our approval! Had our education system dumb us down so greatly? Had the propagandas we are taught in both Moral and History class had instill great fear in our sub-consciousness that we dare not to speak for ourselves?

Look, if a bunch of people who didn't even know where Iraq is on the World map knows the true meaning of democracy, we should too.

No comments: