Monday, January 12, 2009

My E-mail to Lim Kit Siang

Here's my e-mail to the man I admire most in Malaysian politics. It is about my personal worries regarding the Tidak Apa attitude that both the PR and BN are towards the current global economic crisis. Do forgive me if this ain't Shakespeare material.

Dear Uncle Kit,

As a staunch supporter of DAP and all things that you guys fight for, I am very disappointed on how the party's is representing the rakyat is over the current global economic crisis that will eventually or already hit us. As Malaysia majority an export oriented manufacturing nation, I am pretty sure that we would be hit, if not already being hit by this crisis but it is unfortunate that no politicians seem to be interested in it. Instead day after day we were told of the same bullshit over and over again on how resilient our economy is towards this crisis and how little effects will be felt in this country.

What disappoint me is how DAP is not doing anything to challenge the government's view of the economy eventhough I am certain that they themselves had know first hand on how bad the situation through their "fortress", Penang. Yet, like the government, no one from DAP dared to mention a word about the current situation which is very much unlike the DAP's ideology of leading a transparent government which I had been supporting!

We need a voice in this tough times, Uncle Kit. We do not need false assurance, but knowledge of how bad things are now and how the DAP or the PR as a whole will fight for the people to ensure that the government had a proactive plan that benefits everyone. As most of the rakyat are bracing for a bad Chinese New Year due to salary and bonus cuts, the least of the consolation we need now is someone acknowledging our plight.

Best regards,
Justin


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ghostt!! u really send this to uncle kit ah?? :D

Justin Tan said...

Yeap... Sent to him yesterday. Yet to get a reply from him anyway heh.